The roles and functions of Country Representatives of the Caribbean Agro- Economics Society shall be as follows:
- To represent the countries of the Caribbean and associated regions in matters pertaining to the business of the Society.
- To inform country institutions (public and private) involved in agriculture and related business of the work and activities of the Society.
- To facilitate stakeholders in accessing information on the regional agricultural sector, both private and public, via the Society’s Secretariat, in particular the proceedings of the Society’s Conferences.
- To make such efforts as to increase the overall membership of the Society, drawing from interested persons and institutions in the various fields of agriculture and related business in the country.
- To promote the attendance and participation at conferences of the Society, which are held to bring together experts in various fields of agriculture.
- To provide an avenue for seeking and obtaining information on respective country agricultural sector performance, experiences, and issues for the furtherance of the work of the Society, such as contributions to the Society’s journal and newsletters.
- To assist the local Organizing Committee and the Society where possible, to facilitate the convening of the Conferences of the Society.
- To provide a networking arrangement whereby the Executive Committee of the Society and the Country Representatives can organize tours and other activities for the benefit of the members of the Society.